Jim Boyer



I've never been in Portland, and who knows if I'll ever be. But I heard of him. Willy told me about him some years ago. I made a mental note and one day that I was hangovering it came back to me. I searched internet and his voice haunted me. Today I heard that he passed away. He was only 47, I read. My memories will be based on his solo act and the Jim Boyer Band, more than with the Freak Mountain Ramblers. If I ever go to Portland, be sure that his voice will be a permanent echo. I'll make a visit to the Laurel Thirst Public House and I'll toast one for him. Many miles away, we will also miss him. 
My condolences to his family and friends. 

Nunca he estado en Portland, y quién sabe si alguna vez lo haré. Pero llegué a oír hablar de él. Willy me habló de él hace algún tiempo. Memoricé su nombre y, tiempo después, un domingo cualquiera de resaca, lo recordé. Busqué su música en internet y su voz me cautivó. Hoy he leído que ha fallecido. Tenía 47 años, leo. Yo le recordaré en solitario o con la Jim Boyer Band, más que cuando actuaba con los Freak Mountain Ramblers. Si alguna vez acabo yendo a Portland, puedes apostar que su voz será un eco constante. Prometo que si ocurre, visitaré el Laurel Thirst Public House y brindaré una en su memoria. A muchos kilómetros de distancia de Oregón, también se le echará de menos. 
Mi pésame a su familia y amigos.  


 

Comentarios