How I Met Jimmy Holly Pommeroy - Part I




We began drinking beers like an hour ago. Now he says that he needs to go and I smile and nod. Well, true, I thought it was going to be a long night, but it seems it's gonna end right now. He turns round and starts walking and I do the same but in the opposite direction. I hear my name. I hear my name in a language that makes it sound funny and he is calling me back.
- You wanna see something real?
- Something legal?
- As legal as music can go.
An hour ago I didn't know what I was doing in this silly city so I went to get some booze. I turned a corner, or the same corner again, and some music that I like was coming from a bar. It was dark and smoky so I went in. He asked if I could lit his cigarrette and he began to talk. He was nice and chatty and I am a good nodder so it all went pretty well. He seemed to need somebody to listen to him and I just needed someone who made me feel like this city wasn't a virtual space full of holograms.
Now he stops in front of a door that gives some sense to a long and moist wall we have been following for a few minutes. Before that, we walked for about half an hour. First, we left the downtown behind, then the suburbs to the right. Now we are nowhere. Or that is how I am feeling now. He lits a cigarrette and smiles:
- I hope you walk me back to my car because I have no idea where we are right now.
- You better smoke now. In there, there is no smoking.
- I see.
And I lit me one. Something is going on and I know because the closer we were coming to this place, the less he was talking. I was doing all of it and I was starting to feel weird. One more example:
- So, then... Here we are. What's all this about then? You won't be a member of a gang or something like that?
Guess he smiles but I can't see it because he is kicking the butt and he has started opening the door.
- Let me show you my gang, man. And just one little thing, you smile, you nod, you listen to us and never say a word, lit a fig, cough or fart. The rest is fun.

Comentarios